The red stains below your Papillons eye are caused by tearing. (excessive tearing).
It is actually the hair around the eye, that is a great breeding ground for bacteria / yeast.It is the red yeast which causes a red/brown stain.
- Diet (feed dry kibbles with no additives, food coloring, of perservatives.)
- Health Problem (Vet visit)
- Fleas /Bugs. (Fleas go to the eyes to have moisture, they leave behind their feces, which has the digested blood in it; it irritates the eye)
- Ear Infections ( Ear mites are carried by fleas)
- Allergies/Irritations (smoke, perfumes, sprays, aerosol sprays, mold, dust......)
Keep the area around the eye clean, use a moist tissue, q- tip, to maintain a healthy eye.
Also, don't let your Papi look out of an open car window while driving speedy!!