Here are some tips in how you can break that cycle of boredom, change your dog from being a finicky eater to a "looking forward eater".
- Feed on a regular schedule, and walk away when he supposed to eat, not hand it to him with a spoon.
- Take the food away after 30 minutes.
- No snacks of any kind. Table scraps and other "goodies" will want to make your dog eat only those things,and in time, your dog will get sick, because most table scraps are not suitable for canines, and is for sure not a balanced diet.
- Get a very small amount of canned dog food, mix with his dry food. That is sometimes all he needs, to gulp down his food. Tiny bit of chicken broth is also good.
- Lesson these amounts with time, so that your dog gets his taste buds set back to appreciate his regular dog food.